How to secure WordPress using advanced tools like fail2ban.
This rules can cut out search engines from your server and they can affects all the sites hosted on the machine you are working on. I’m writing this because at the end it turned out that a better solution to prevent distribuited flooding is to use iptables with custom rules.
Fail2ban is one of my favourite server securing software, because it not only protects against several consequences deriving from being attacked by some script kiddy, but it saves a lot of system resources otherwise wasted serving pages to bots or similar.
I just discovered an annoying and repeated access log entry on my access logs wich leads to a 403/404 (i faked a little tso it makes sense for this article) error page (forbidden) and then i decided to let a specialized software do the job instead of using wordpress plugin, wich ,would act at a php/mysql level having to generate each time server headers, and here again, wasting server resources.
Some of these log entries looked loke this: Continue reading “Securing WordPress (or any site) with fail2ban: prevent vuln scanners, flood and bruteforce attack”
(Visited 4,366 times, 1 visits today)
This post is under constant update until i find a complete solution
I’m publishing it even if it is not complete because i’ve found some working (into compiler) code and probably there are a lot of people out there in my same situation and we can help each other. So…
- I made all connections
- Reviewed the code and renamed vars so you can actually understand while you read
- I compiled and uploaded the sketch (the first one has errors)
- I added an LED for signaling the status changes
- I’m working on thelemetry (battery voltage)
- I switched to a new ping library
- I released new code
- I updated this discussion about arduino + sonar/ping + kk/hk board
- It works with any configuration (tricopter, Y4, Y6, xcopter, quadcopter, hexcopter, octocopter, 12 rotors and so…)
Continue reading “Low altitude hold, auto takeoff, autolanding with kk or Hk v2.1 + Arduino + Sonar”
Incoming search terms:
- how to make altitude hold flight controller kk 2 1 5 (1)
- setup connection ultrasonic sensor with kk board (1)
(Visited 10,030 times, 1 visits today)