As title says, here i store how i managed to get a fixed ip address on the wireless lan network interface from shell or command line.
It’s very easy and usefull in a number of situations. For example this makes part of another my projects about remoting audio of my laptop using air-whatever and the raspberry as server, but i will describe this soon, in my next posts.
Raspberry Wifi Static Ip Config
- Reading my previous article about how to setup a wireless network on raspberry from shell
- After this, another very good reading could be my article on how to setup a static ip address on raspberry pi fron shell
Put all together
If you carefully read my cited articles you will do the last step, described here, in order to get a static fixed ip address on the wireless network iterface of your raspberry from shell.
- Open the file
sudo nano /etc/network/interfaces
- Modify the wlan0 part, the line wich states
iface wlan0 inet dhcpso you get:
iface wlan0 inet static address 192.168.0.2 netmask 255.255.255.0 network 192.168.0.0 broadcast 192.168.0.255 gateway 192.168.0.1
Now you have just to reboot and then, once your raspberry comes back, just type
ifconfig wlan0 And see if you card has actually the Ip Address you expected.
If you have problems or if you think i have, please, leave a comment.
Incoming search terms:
- raspberry pi wifi static ip (23)
- raspbmc wifi static ip (23)
- raspberry pi (19)
- raspberry static ip (17)
- raspbmc static ip (14)