And how to get read / write access to the macbook pro sd card
This workaround will explain how to solve the Macbook sd card read only
I can’t believe I’m going to write this stuff, but it is real, you believe it or not. I don’t have the category “Acrobatic Hardware Usage”, but if I had, that’s where this post should go.
If you are here, probably it’s because you are trying to mount and use an SD card (most probably an SDHC card) with your on-board Macbook Sd card reader, without success.
Pre: Please remember that there are 2 different cases which can lead to a non writable file system on the SD card by the Macbook SD Card Reader:
- Disk Utility will refuse to write on it, even if possible, if the SD Card contains a Master Boot Record (MBR).
- It cannot be written if the SD card external hardware write protection switch is wrongly detected always as it was on.
This article will cover the workaround for the situation described in the second point:
Faulty SD Card external protection switch detection by Macbook SD card reader.
Problem Description: Many SD Card used with the on-board SD card slot of my Macbook can be mounted and used as read-only file system. This is very annoying, because it means that I should use an USB Card reader to bypass the always-on writing protection detected by my Macbook SD Card Slot / Reader. Isn’t it?
Obviously I have searched all over the internet to find out a funny and simple solution to trick my mac: You just set the external write protection switch on the middle of its two usually possible positions: incredibly it will works!
Now if you get it working by doing this, may I ask you to leave a comment and specify if you are a smoker? Because I suspect that this issue is caused by the airflow, which deposit dirt on the switch detection mechanism leaving it stuck in that position. The switched on plastic external switch should push it and with a non-protected SD Card, it should stay out because the switch is not in the right position to push it. If you are a smoker this will confirm more solidly my hypothesis. So please let other people know about this.
It seems so far that the weird behaviour of the switch detection is not related with dirt or with some kind of sticky compound that the airflow transports in that area. At least this is not related with smoke, which produces one of the most sticky dust possible.
Incoming search terms:
- sd card read only mac (30)
- minisd moodle (22)
- لم يتم اكتشاف بطاقة sd (20)
- macbook pro sd card read only (19)
- macbook pro sd card reader not working (18)
- macbook pro card reader not working (16)
- mac sd card read only (13)
- macbook pro not reading sd card (13)
- mac nao reconhece cartao de memoria (1)
- https://yandex ru/clck/jsredir?from=yandex ru;search;web;;&text=&etext=1835 qNc5TUg7MWd4TEqSZ56_YqzD9HuZpXpltA1tquDuBiKuPfE6AZvTSXsvEvfZu8uT 518871b53d85649a271eb10a336eb5d224c04a43&uuid=&state=_BLhILn4SxNIvvL0W45KSic66uCIg23qh8iRG98qeIXme (1)