Solution for servers and services shown as down in zimbra admin console:
But they are actually up and running.
In a m ultiserver setup servers and services show as down in admin interface.
– Rsyslog is not modified by zimbra installer.
– In order for servers and services to look fine (when they are fine) in the admin console the logger module (syslog) is used.
– By default rsyslog does not listen on tcp/udp and the Zimbra installer does not provide any changes to its configuration in order to make it happen.
So you need to open /etc/rsyslog.conf and uncomment following lines:
# Provides UDP syslog reception
# Provides TCP syslog reception
Then restart rsyslog.
Also remember that you should check on the servers around (except the one supposed to receive the logs) that the correct log server is set. For this you can run as user zimbra:
zmprov gacf |grep zimbraLogHostname
This should return the hostname of the log recipient.
In case that is not correct, you can set it with:
zmprov mcf zimbraLogHostname example.com
Also, as root, you should run:
This should make sure that the logserver you just set within zimbra is also used to reconfigure the rsysolg running on the system.
This is due to two possible reasons:
- you did not do the initial filesystem sync (usually rsync)
- the recovery.conf contains errors
this page actually helped me
Hope this helps
Incoming search terms:
Docker is great for development, but also, it gives you the superpower of extremely small images to easily move around docker containers.
I need this for personal stuff, but I think it can be useful to others, so let’s share it.
Continue reading “Docker cheat-sheet”
You copy/pasted the virtualhost configuration from an output that truncated the long line that starts by
Am I right?
Incoming search terms:
- 140028570797736:error:140800FF:SSL routines:ssl3_accept:unknown state:s3_srvr c:869: (2)
- openvpn routines:SSL_CIPHER_PROCESS_RULESTR:invalid command (2)
- https://blog giuseppeurso net/mon-dec-07-183232-2015-error-unable-to-configure-permitted-ssl-ciphers-mon-dec-07-183232-2015-error-ssl-library-error-336486680-error140e6118ssl-routinesssl_cipher_process_rulestrinva/ (2)
- happenedmcb (1)
- haveg6r (1)
- bridgecgn (1)
- itselfqmk (1)
- mustphs (1)
- armaa9 (1)
- shadejy6 (1)
No restart of the guest VM is required
lvextend /dev/lvm/domU.lan-var -L +5G
Extending logical volumedomU.lan-var to 7.00 GiB
Logical volume domU.com-var successfully resized
Continue reading “Extend Xen guest partition on a live system without restart”
The ones out there who decided to drop Windows 8 in favor of Ubuntu after buying an Asus X202E will probably face the issue of a too sensitive touchpad which makes the laptop barely usable, with a lot of random unwanted clicks especially during the “two finger scrolling”. The two finger scrolling is a feature I really don’t want to give up as well as the touch to click one, as i find them really convenient as long as I have to use the laptop as laptop, which means without an external pointing device such as a mouse.
Continue reading “Asus X202E touchpad sensitivity with Ubuntu”
First: if you are here it’s because you feel that something is wrong with mobile phones, you are close, now: take a look here http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/android-and-users-freedom.html
This is just the beginning, and it seems to be a mandatory step in order to run Cyanogenmod 11 on my Galaxy tab and get rid of malicious Samsung backdoor(s).
the procedure involves an update to Android 2.2.3 in order to be able to properly run Clockwork recovery.
Continue reading “Update Samsung Galaxy tab 7 aka GT-P1000 codename P1 to 2.2.3 and Get it Rooted”
Incoming search terms:
- اخر تحديث galaxy tab gt-p1000 (117)
- تحديث galaxy tab gt p1000 (60)
- تحديث تاب gt-p1000 (55)
- تحديث gt-p1000 (55)
- تحديث سامسونج تاب gt-p1000 (49)
- تحديث تاب p1000 (49)
- gt-p1000 اخر تحديث (44)
- طريقة تحديث galaxy tab gt-p1000 (42)
- تحديث سامسونج تاب p1000 (39)
- samsung galaxy tab p1000 تحديث (38)
Daily backup of my ispconfig server with Rsync
I want to keep notes on how i manage to make this simple backup works.
Basically i have this 1TB NAS WD MyBook World Edition running optware and i want to use it to get a fresh backup each day of the last week and one day for each past month.
Continue reading “Using a linux NAS to daily backup my ispconfig server with Rsync”
Too crappy sound and some of them stay stuck forever unless you close skype.
This way you get rid of the wrong version and you will get a fully working sound with skype
dpkg -r skype
sudo add-apt-repository "deb http://archive.canonical.com/ $(lsb_release -sc) partner"
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install skype && sudo apt-get -f install